Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Do You Like My Ostrich Shoes? ~Satan

So I went through a really tough time where I had been done wrong and in a conversation I had with someone (while only saying that I had been done wrong and the offense was unwarranted) I told them I wasn't going to worry about it, I had given the issue to God.  The remark I got was "What?! but if you don't address it, it's like you are burying your head in the sand! You should not just let the issue continue, cause it's like you're condoning it (the offense)." I responded to them that I'm not burying my head in the sand but rather giving the control over to God to fix it.  I trust God's judgement call more than my own reasoning, ANY DAY.  I started thinking about how so many times we bury our heads in the sand because of how hard a situation seems and willingly act oblivious to everything going on around us.  We give up and just let things continue as they are and before you know it, the Devil's played with our minds enough to the point where he has us where he wants us. We let him ruin our lifestyle, testimony, ministry, whatever we're involved in. At that point he has our hide at his disposal!  If your head is buried in the sand, who is looking after your body? (**Side note: Ostriches do not bury their heads in the sand, but actually just lay their heads on the ground, they're camoflauged by the sand/ground.**)

If your head is "buried in the sand" you have no way of making sure that the rest of your body is safe.  The Devil can batter and bruise us so bad to ruin us and then he will wear us like a pair of ostrich shoes, talking about, "Yeah you see these??? I just got these off the shelf TODAY! They're hot! I've been checking these (us) out for a while and wasn't sure if I was going to get them, but I finally did."  Nothing like the Devil to show us off to our saved friends in a (now) helpless state to diminish our use for God.....but wait, remember we had our head in the sand, so we're of no good use AND DON'T EVEN KNOW IT. In our minds we've still got it together, but we are actually so far from that....

There's only one place we CAN bury our heads....in the sand of Jesus Christ.  He'll take care of us even when we're not going to take care of ourselves.  When we bury ourselves in him, we allow him to transform us...but even then He won't let us bury our head, he'll take our WHOLE being....mind, body, and soul.  When He's done with us we won't be ashamed, beaten, bruised, abused.....or be  fashioned as a pair of ostrich hide shoes. We'll be made over with a new (better) mindset, with a new walk and talk, a new purpose and a deeper relationship with Him.  He'll wear us like a badge of honor for the way that we represent Him well....it pleases Him when we do right.

So what happens the next time I'm done wrong or offended? I deal with it the way I should and with the best attitude I can.  If it passes and is resolved easily, GREAT! If not, I can always go to Jesus and spill my heart and mind out to Him and know that He (already) has everything under control....The Devil ain't getting a pair of shoes (or a matching clutch) off of me....

Be Encouraged!!