Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Storm Regulates the Atmosphere

First, I will definitely give credit to my good friend James...the title is from something he said :-)

Second, I know it has been too long since my last post, but I have come to understand that sometimes when God is taking me through things, I find it hard to encourage others without tainting the messages I feel that God is laying on my heart...and honestly, it is hard for me to hear from Him and talk to you all at the same time..

On with the Blog!!!!... :-)

We see this all the time...the weather reporters talk about how there are cold and warm fronts moving across the land and how where they meet there will be a storm or undesirable weather.  We watch TV shows with storm trackers looking at hurricanes that form over the water and we observe some of the storms gaining strength while others weaken and dissipate.  The atmosphere is in turmoil with itself...there are two or more change agents at work, and in its path, you may find that the skies are dark, rainy, windy and such. When fronts collide or when the storm grows stronger, moving across land, we have storms that may do little harm or we may have tornadoes that destroy homes and take lives. The one thing that happens for certain is that after the storm, the skies could not be more clear.  The atmosphere received a serious scrub down, a heavy duty-wash. Now, things are calm and tranquil.

Such is the same in our lives...even when we do not see the building issues (opposing fronts) in our lives, they are still there.  They may be far off or they may be right around us but still not be "visible" to us. As we feel or see the tension (storm) building, we have to prepare ourselves for whatever situation may arise. As we begin to deal with trials, tests, issues, unrest and the like in our lives, we will question God more than once...more than twice....more than three times....oh you do not? then I will just be honest and say I have....I find myself dealing with situations that I NEVER thought I would have to deal with and more than once I have wanted to just give up.  And even more than that, it is not even just one "storm" it may be a series of small ones...they may vary in the strength of their damage but they are there nonetheless there. As the issues are brought up and dealt with, the storm wears down, and we start to see the clearing of the skies....the end of it all.  Only sometimes we realize that the storm that we just went through took lives.  With an actual storm this happens and it is tragic.  In the "storms"/issues in our lives, people may not lose their lives, but they may be removed from our circle of influence. We may find that there were some who removed because they were no good for us or we were no good for them.  Yes, there will be aftermath from the storm to deal with.  You will have to either completely tear down things that are half standing or rebuild things that were damaged but one thing we will see is that GOD has regulated  the "atmosphere".  He has pushed the reset button.

With all issues we deal with, there will be collateral damage. Sometimes a lot, sometimes just a little, but if we had not gone through those storms,  God would not have been able to stretch us and push our limits of understanding, wisdom, devotion, perseverance, and such.  I find there are some things that I have to pray for EVERY DAY....for God to constantly keep me in the right frame of mind....for me to learn the lesson from my storm....to not go back to things that He removed while I was in the storm. I also have to learn to deal with what is left over after the storm even if it is aftermath from someone else's storm.

In time, after the storm, the days WILL look brighter (even if it is just a small percentage more than the day before).  It may take a long time but it will get better.  We may see that our surroundings are much different but as long as we continue to lean on and learn from the Lord, we will be fine.

As I write this as encouragement to you all....I write it also to encourage myself.  Thank you for all who have kept me in your prayers as I continue to seek God more in the midst of the aftermath of a personal storm.  You all continue to be an encouragement to me while I try to be an encouragement to you. Be blessed!!!!