Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Gift of Inspiration


When you find yourself inspired, be inspiring to others...Inspiration is the gift that keep on giving...you inspire others when you act on inspiration.

Over the past few years whether it's in music, jewelry, clothing, written pieces, building/construction or photography, I have found myself pouring over the works of others.  The way they see, sculpt, build, explain or construct things, I will never understand it all; at the same time, it taps into my inquisitive side.  Many Saturday and Sunday afternoons I have spent trolling Pinterest, magazine flipping or window shopping for my imaginary (future) home. Don't keep it to yourself....as you express yourself, you show others that there is nothing wrong with self-expression, it's okay to be different.  But don't think for a moment that you don't have a choice whether your self-expression is good or bad. While you can't control how people interpret it, you can control the message you put out. USE IT FOR GOOD...There is nothing more inspiring than to have someone come and tell you at a later time that what you did, say, communicated touched them in a personal way that made them want to do better or do more for others.

I have my goals....I have my agendas.....I have my tools.......my God given abilities.....and I have my love of DIY....I have my support system.....and I always have my inspiration, even if I don't know what to do with it..scribble down the first thing that comes to mind. Sit on it, think on it, sleep on it.....but don't let it go to waste...

GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE! Stroll around, assemble something with different textiles, talk to people with different views, visit antique stores, snap pics using ALL the filters in your camera app...I mean it....you have do something different to get different results...who knows? You may find inspiration along the way...don't keep it to yourself!!!!