Friday, June 6, 2014

Random Thoughts for the day...just something to chew on......

Change.....

So many things can be summed up in that word.  Recently....well not just recently....maybe over the past 4 years or so, I've come to realize that what I do for my career is NOT my passion....sure, I'm good at it, I enjoy it, but it is not something that I rush home to sit and think about. :-) Instead, I pour over Pinterest, Google, Polyvore, Better Homes & Gardens, Craftgawker,Threads, Jewelry making magazines, JoAnn, Michael's, Home Depot, Lowe's and any other site that gives me tools, fabrics, paints that I can SOMEHOW turn into a masterpiece....all that is DEFINITELY not Technical Writing. I remember thinking years ago....when I was in my early 20's that I would much rather have a job I ENJOY, even if the pay isn't great. Now just a few years later (who's counting) I have the same opinion.  I would love to have a job I am passionate about that pays well enough to pay my bills, save/invest some and fund my passion. I have goals in sight and I definitely plan on fulfilling them, but my approach is a little different this time around. 

It's never to late.....for anything...

So many times we talk ourselves out of doing something because we claim "it's too late for _____". NEWSFLASH: It's not too late, unless you're dead...and if you're reading this, you still have a chance.
It's never too late to work towards a goal whether it's (in my case) a new career, running a marathon, mending relationships, becoming independent, giving back, paying it forward, WHATEVER you want to do.

When things change, you may sometimes find yourself frazzled, spent, numb, completely depleted of ALL energy....take your time.....recoup, rethink your "plan of attack" then proceed. Sometimes we find ourselves in those positions because we doubt our own abilities...which is just plain old self sabotage. If you are indeed good at something, have the guts to recognize that and not downplay or run from it. Many times we do this if it's something we've never had formal training in. Think of it this way....God gives us talents....not the universities or schools we've graduated from.  While they can teach us, they can't put in us what God gave us....

That is all for today....I hope you all have a wonderful day!