Sunday, June 7, 2015

Things of Importance...

Over time, I've realized a few things that are important to me... and not in any particular order...some are serious some are not...but all are good.

God made you a certain way, don't fight it.  He gave you a personality, a personal touch, a point of view.  As long as you keep it aligned with what HE has for your life, you won't go wrong.

A hot bath with essential oils goes a long way...easy way to relax.

Guys with poor/vulgar vocabulary need not approach me, save us both the trouble. It's one thing to NOT know the word you're looking for, it's another to fill it in with an expletive as a general term. Very few people have language that is 100% clean (no anger, envy, lust,etc.) all the time, but the least you can do is make it not offensive (not just to God, but to my ears as well).

When people show you who they are, believe them....even if it's in the first 5 minutes of meeting them.  Don't think "oh, maybe they're like this cause I'm meeting them in the middle of ___".  This goes hand in hand with: Don't act fake with people.  Don't butter up what you say to get them to like you any better....if you do, the real you may be a disappointment.

I have a good group of support from my girls a.k.a. female friends, but within that group there are different circles....and there's nothing wrong with that...not ALL my girls are going to meet each other. Don't expect that all of your friends will be cut from the same cloth as well.

Enjoying silence with someone is a good thing. Talking isn't the only way to communicate. Quality time is another way to.

If you believe firmly in something, find ways to help that cause/address that issue, don't sit idly by and let "someone" do it, cause then "nobody" will.

When someone feels like they are not priority with you, ask yourself why? Or better yet, see where your time is spent, cause that is one thing you only get to spend once.

Embracing all the details about yourself is one of the most liberating things....

I do have a thing for skirts and dresses...my girls know they will HARDLY EVER see me in pants...but on the upside, whoever I date/marry won't have to worry about me never wanting to dress up for anything. :-)

If you are honest with people 100% you won't have any lies to remember...

I meet a LOT of people...and as much as I try, I DO forget names...don't go running off getting offended....if I have to ask your name, that means I DO want to talk to you again...and would rather call you by your name than "hey you".

Taking time to read your Bible is important....I don't care if it's a physical book, e-reader version or a downloaded app on your phone....read it....it hasn't changed in YEARS for a good reason...obviously cause it's the correct thing to read....

Cherish your loved ones.....even if it's just a text, phone call, card.....let them know you love them....when they cross your mind, let THEM know. Don't just think,  "oh, I wonder how they are doing..."

It's never saying "I love you" that's scary.....we say that to people all the time.....it's what HAPPENS after you say it that's scary.

Don't be afraid of change....Isaiah 43:2-3a....my favorite verse....look it up.....(just trying to help you with that read your bible part) :-)

Life changes and that's okay.....

Make time to do the things that matter....cause one day, you won't have the time to.

In relationships, never make the next relationship pay for what the last one did.....remember you're probably not someone's first significant other either, cut the newbie some slack.

Everybody's likes and dislikes are not going to be the same as others. The things that drive you won't be the same as the things that drive others.  No need to look down on other peoples interest as trivial because they don't make sense to you.  Not only is it annoying to them, it's also rude. Some people do things to get rich, some do it for the feeling of accomplishment.

Never be afraid to try again.

Enjoy your day and be blessed,

Roschelle